Prizes were awarded to the winning entrants of the third National Book Collecting Contest in Vancouver and Waterloo on May 28, 2012.
- The first prize went to Samuel Jang, of Victoria, B.C. for his collection Aesop’s Fables
- The second prize winner was David Fernández, of Toronto, Ontario for his collection The Imaginary of Books: Homosexualities, Images, and Texts.
- The third prize winner was Gideon Foley, of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for his collection Tasteful Books.
The National Book Collecting Contest Previous Winners
- Justin Hanisch, A History of Fish
- Gregory Robert Freeman, The Tudors & Stuarts
- Kieran Charles Ryan Fox, Superlative Works from the Subcontinent
- Charlotte Ashley, The Works (and Quirks) of Alexandre Dumas père
- Vanessa Brown, The L.M. Montgomery Collection in the Forest City
- Naseem Hrab, The Complexities of Ordinary Life: Autobiographical Comics and Graphic Novels