We are seeking book reviews for volume 60 (2023) of Papers/Cahiers. Book reviewing with us is an opportunity to get familiar with the latest scholarly works in the multidisciplinary areas of book studies, and to get your name out there. Book reviews should be between 750 and 1000 words in length.
Our selection policy: We welcome reviews on books published within the last four years that will assist readers of Cahier / Papers to select works for their professional use or interest. Readers are interested in bibliographical studies (enumerative, descriptive, analytical), the history of the book and publishing, printing and print culture, intimate writings (diaries and correspondences), book formats and related media (artists’ book, digital books, comic strips, etc.), and the circulation and acquisition of printed productions. A range of geo-historical contexts and perspectives are welcome in book studies, including Canadian, Quebecois, Franco-Canadian alongside Indigenous, diasporic, and international voices.
- List of Perspective Books to Review for 2022-2023. Books are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Prospective reviewers are welcome to make book suggestions.
- Getting started provides general guidance for anyone who has not reviewed for us before
- PBSC Style Guide Adapted for Book Reviews provides presentation, style, grammar and spelling, and punctuation details. Please consult before submitting.
- Timeline: initial February 15, 2023 submission deadline. After you upload your submission, you will have one month to make any suggested revisions. Final acceptance is contingent upon the quality of the final manuscript. Please submit on OJS.
- Submit: OJS for Review authors is the platform that we are using for submissions.
If you are interested or have questions, please get in touch with Rachel Harris (email@example.com), the English Book Review Editor of Papers/Cahier.