The Bibliographical Society of Canada (BSC) is pleased to announce the creation of the Emerging Scholar Prize. The Prize will be given annually starting in 2014 and will recognize and support a scholar at the beginning of her or his career who is undertaking research in bibliography, book history, or print culture. The Emerging Scholar will be invited to deliver a paper at the annual spring conference of the BSC. A revised, article-length version of the paper will be published in the Papers of the Bibliographical Society of Canada, subject to peer review. A grant of $500 accompanies the prize and will be used to help the recipient attend the annual conference or to meet costs associated with research. Continue reading “Emerging Scholar Prize: Fundraising Drive”
Prizes were awarded to the winning entrants of the third National Book Collecting Contest in Vancouver and Waterloo on May 28, 2012.
- The first prize went to Samuel Jang, of Victoria, B.C. for his collection Aesop’s Fables
- The second prize winner was David Fernández, of Toronto, Ontario for his collection The Imaginary of Books: Homosexualities, Images, and Texts.
- The third prize winner was Gideon Foley, of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for his collection Tasteful Books.
The National Book Collecting Contest Previous Winners
- Charlotte Ashley, The Works (and Quirks) of Alexandre Dumas père
- Vanessa Brown, The L.M. Montgomery Collection in the Forest City
- Naseem Hrab, The Complexities of Ordinary Life: Autobiographical Comics and Graphic Novels